Friday, December 31, 2004

80% of Britons say No to New Year night out

The Scotsman says New Year may traditionally be a time for partying and festivities, but a survey released yesterday has shown that eight out of ten people in Britain would rather see in 2005 from the comfort of their homes than with a night on the tiles.

On that note, and this last day of 2004, I would like to wish you all a restful non-celebration and a very quiet Hogmanay. And, as the Scotsman says (I wonder how Google would translate this): Lang may yer lum reek!

Apologies for the messy changes to this blog. While it is under construction, I am gathering together a list of blogs authored by ME/CFS/CFIDS/FMS sufferers. I've googled for some today, listed here below. If any readers know of links suitable for adding to my sidebar, please share in the comments here. Thanks.

On very bad days when I am unable to post, I tend to find myself wanting to surf the sites of other sufferers. Probably to remind myself I am not alone and see if I have missed any tips on how to cope. I keep tabs on any new developments via daily CFS email alerts from Google and I am in touch with members of the 25% ME Group. If there is a breakthrough anywhere in the world, I'd hope to know about it within 24 hours and share any news here.

The blogs listed here below, are translated by Google from Japanese and Chinese. Maybe it's my brain slowing up while writing this but I'm not finding it easy guessing the meaning of the posts. If you click into links within the posts, you will probably find they are already translated into English. As I am not able to post AND read blogs, if readers here do manage to visit the blogs and pick up any useful snippets or news we may not have not heard of over here, please do share in the comments here. Thank you. P.S. Thanks also to everyone who has commented or emailed. Sorry I am slow at responding. I cannot manage it all at once without something else having to give. I am managing this because I have forfeited posting over at Passion of the Present and Sudan Watch.

Risa, a Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) patient (Presently, almost all-inclusive Osamu state) authors Be Happy Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).

Thanks to Risa for The Osaka University CFS home page (note the page has been automatically translated from Japanese).

Note CFS & FMS blog is automatically translated from Chinese.

Here is a special warm hello to SB Poet and a link to her ME/CFS/FMS post and Critters photoset (I wonder if they all live with SB).

Thanks to SB Poet, who also authors Abide, for FibroHugs Fibromyalgia Support and Awareness and the commonly identified symptoms.

Note, there are 63 symptoms that I haven't studied closely enough to determine the difference between Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and Fibromyalgia.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello and happy new year to SB at Abide. Wow that they are all of your critters!

Thanks for the great reminder re RSS feed. Hope it works and makes things easier to visit here. Please let me know if they don't work - or if I should be adding something else.

Carrie, happy new yer to you too. Thanks for offering to take special notice for anything on ME/CFIDS. I used to watch Montel Williams a lot - bet his books are as good as his hows. If you still have the book and feel up to extracting some tips, it would be great if you could share the snippets in your blog. I will post them here and link back to you. A book is too much for me to handle - by the time I get to chapter 3 or whatever, I've forgotten what I've read in 1+2. I can manage short newspaper articles and a load of short blog posts - but books are still too much right now.

I wonder what we will all be doing this time next year? If anybody feels improved by then, please do visit here and share how you got well. Thanks.

January 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home